News & Important Updates
Update March 25, 2020
Update of Legacy Paper Arts Business Operations due to Ohio Mandate regarding COVID-19
The Governor of Ohio, like many other states, has issued a Stay at Home Order directing non-essential businesses to temporarily suspend physical operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, effective 11:59pm on March 23, 2020 through 11:59pm on April 6, 2020.
What does this mean for Legacy Paper Arts and you, our wonderful customers?
- First and foremost, we all need to be safe and follow the guidelines set forth in the Governor's Stay At Home order.
- While we may feel that Legacy Paper Arts is very essential to our well-being, the fact is, we fall under the 'non-essential' business category during this time.
- Our doors may be closed, but we can still stay connected in the following ways:
* Follow/Like us on Facebook for product highlights, videos, to connect with other Legacy friends and more!
* Be sure to read our Email Newsletters which we plan to send out more frequently. We know many of you are not on Facebook, so we'll be sure to keep you in-the-know through our Newsletter. You can sign up for the newsletter HERE.
- We are excited to continue to receive new product which we will share with you via Facebook and the Newsletter!
- We can take orders for current and new inventory and ship to you or keep your request on our 'to order' list for when we are able to place new orders from our vendors.
- To place an order, please contact us in any of the following ways and be sure to provide the best way for us to contact you:
Facebook: Private message us by clicking on the "send message" link on the right-side panel under "About".
Website: Contact Us form
Phone: (614) 389-4606 (Note: Joyce will only be in the store periodically, therefore, your call may not be returned immediately).
Hopefully, it won't be too long before we can see each other again face to face! Until that time, we want to do whatever we can to keep you crafting (and sane!) during this unprecedented time. We very much appreciate your continued support - you really do mean the world to us!
Keep safe and healthy!
April Class Updates
We are not offering any in-person classes in April.
Class Kits - Our fabulous teachers are busy preparing kits with full instructions. These will be available soon to purchase through our website.
Copic Class and Copic College - Alternate plans are in the works and we will update you soon.
Lawn Fawn with Jenn Shurkus - Great news! Jenn is preparing to teach via exclusive video, extensive written instructions and fully prepared kits so you can make your cards at home. All kits will be available on April 21. We will offer distribution options at that time.
Update March 23, 2020
If you have merchandise, including March class card kits, to pick up at Legacy, please do so Monday, March 23 between 2:00 and 6:30 p.m.
We will be open during these hours for any last minute shopping before we must shut down for the safety of our community.
Please keep watch for our updates on Facebook and our website.
Update March 22, 2020:
Following state mandate, Legacy Paper Arts is currently closed for walk in shopping. However, we are still able to ship products and card kits, take orders, and provide ways to inspire you and keep you crafting! Here is how we can stay connected:
Follow us on FACEBOOK. We have many fun things planned including videos, product highlights and more! Under the "Following" tab, click "On" under Notifications. Click on "See First" to ensure you won't miss any postings!
Newsletter. We plan to send more frequent newsletters to keep you up-to-date and to share product information, how-to projects and more! Let us know if you want to be emailed our newsletter HERE.
- Website. Check our News & Important Updates for the latest news. In addition, we are and will continue to offer card kits for purchase which can be shipped to you. New kits will be made available over the next several days! You can find available card kits on the ADULT CLASSES page.
Update March 21, 2020:
Legacy Paper Arts is open today (3/21) 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Adjusted business hours starting next week:
Tuesday, March 24 - Saturday, March 28 11:00 am - 3:00 pm and by appointment outside of these hours for your convenience.
We are exceeding the mandates set forth by the state and limit the number of customers in the store to 6 or less at a time.
- We continue to offer curbside pick-up option
- We continue to take online and phone orders
- We continue our Facetime shopping option
If you ordered a kit or kits from our March classes they will be available for pick up Tuesday, March 24th after 1:00 p.m.
If you have ordered product and received a call from us that it is ready, please pick up as soon as possible.
We are prepared to close our doors when the state of Ohio makes that decision, or before if we deem it necessary. But that does not mean we will be closed for business as long as we are allowed to ship and/or arrange for pick up. We will come to you through social media and email. We have plans A, B, C and beyond.
We are here to help you complete your projects, start new ones, and offer tips, tricks, and inspiration, as well as our full store of merchandise.
Custom orders and school poster kits, etc are welcome and can be ordered by phone or email.
We will have a full update via EMAIL and FACEBOOK early next week. Please continue to follow us on FB by selecting "See First" option under your thumbs up (Like).
Stay healthy and craft on!
Update March 9, 2019
We are open for business as usual with the addition of hand sanitizer that we kindly ask you to use as you enter the store. We have new daily cleaning procedures to help keep you and our employees healthy while shopping at Legacy. We are continuing to get shipments of fun, new merchandise almost every day, so feel free to stop in to check it all out.
Current Changes to Events/Classes:
- We have decided to postpone or cancel our classes through the end of March. If you are signed up for a class this month, you will be getting a call from your class instructor about your options for class. Depending on the class, it is either being rescheduled for a future date or canceled with an option to receive a kit with photos and instructions.
- The only class that is canceled without any option except a refund is the Elizabeth Craft's Planner class. We will be contacting you to issue a refund. We deeply regret this as we know many of you were excited to work with Els.
- At this time we are planning to hold the Copic Coloring Coloring Class, Copic Weekend Workshop and the Lawn Fawn classes as scheduled for mid-April. The classes are sold out, but we are taking a wait list. We will keep you updated if changes to these classes are necessary via newsletter, website news page, and Facebook.
- Our Let's Create demo/events are currently on hold at this time. We'll bring back these fun events as soon as possible.
Here's what we are doing to enhance your shopping experience:
- Legacy is open regular business hours for your shopping convenience.
- Did you know we offer shopping by phone, email, Facebook, and on our website? Simply contact us with your requests.
- Virtual Shopping. Call the store and provide the sales associate with your cell phone number. She’ll FaceTime you and take you around the store to show you the products you are shopping for, fill your cart, and arrange for shipment or pick up.
- We offer curbside service. Just let us know when you are coming and we will run your order out to your car.